MAC OFF



How many times have you gone into an Apple store? If your like Bren and I (more Bren) your a Apple lover and think their products are genius. Not to bag on Apple so much, more their specific employees at the MAC Station Store in Palermo-Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The following story may be taken to other sites to post, this is why you will see our names being repeated so often.

The horrific experience begins:

Bren and I (Linda) woke up Saturday morning to go for a nice walk (which we did and ended up meeting great people) After our walk, on our way home, we saw an Apple store and obviosly had to go in. At this time work pops, into my head so I decided to send a work email real quick. I sign on to my gmail account and right as I sign in, the mouse starts controlling itself (which at first we thought might be a malfunction of the mouse) But we then realized the mouse began to open up various random applications. (Applications such as: iCal, iPhoto, Garage Band and software updates.) We were confused and asked "Cesar" (the employee at the door) what was going on with the mouse? He responded by saying that the computer was doing a software update. Now doing software updates has no relevance to why the mouse was controlling itself. Anywho, we waited for the supposed "software update" to be finished, but waited and waited and nothing happened. During this time Bren and I knew that someone had to be controlling the mouse, so Bren walked around the store pretending to look at other items. He then walked by another Apple employee, "Jose Cabrero," and saw he was using a remote mouse app on his iPhone to control my (Linda's) computer. Bren then came over to me and told me that "Jose" was dong this. At this point we thought it was funny and that he was playing a joke. As time went on and i kept trying to sign out of my email account, "Jose" controlling the mouse would not let me. At that point we longer thought it was a joke but instead thought it seemed shady for Apple employees. So I then went over to "Jose" and before talking to him, I looked at his iPhone and he had the same screen on his iPhone that I had on the computer. I then asked him to stop controlling the computer so that I could sign off my email account. At this point he got flustered and choked on his words, but told me he didn't know what I was talking about. I then repeated myself 3 times and "Jose" kept acting like he didn't know what was going on. He then claimed he was "instant messenging" on his iPhone I was on. I began to use te mouse that was no longer being controlled (because "Jose" put down his iPhone and walked over) He angrily told me not to touch the computer because it was doing a software update. Now both Bren and I have Apple computer and products, and I know that you can be on the internet while the software updates were downloading. We then explained this to "Jose" and he responded by telling us that these computers are not to be used to go on the internet and when people do, the compupter autimatically contacts the head of Apple as well as turning itself into demo mode. (WHAT?) Now another thing: Bren and I have both seen the demo mode many times and what the computer was doing (when controlling itself) was not demonstrating anything. I then explained that I just wanted to sign out of my email so that it wasn't open to the public. He then got furious when I tried to sign out and told us to get out of his store. The employee at the door (Cesar) looked confused and I told him that we just wanted to sign out of my gmail account. Meanwhile "Jose" was telling us to get out. The door man "Cesar" then took us over to the computer and let me sign out. "Jose" was telling us to get out and Bren then asked him "Do you work," because he knew he wanted to make a complaint. "Jose" answered he worked at the laundry mat at the corner, which is funny because he had the signature black Apple t-shirt with logo in white and Apple bracelet on. Bren proceeded to ask "Cesar" if "Jose" worked there and "Cesar" said yes. So now we have been told a lot of BS and as we were walking away, "Jose" says, "Vas aprender la leccion," (You will learn your lesson) After leaving and turning the corner to go back home, Brendan decided he wanted to go back and take pictures of "Jose" and make a formal complaint. What Brendan found next is gut wrenching. As he took a picture of "Jose" who at this point was on the same computer I was, Bren saw"Jose" hack into my email account. Brendan has pictures of "Jose" in my email account as well as a clear picture of "Jose," if that is his real name.

When Bren and I got home and opened up my work email, we found 2 months of work emails gone! "Jose" had not only erased emails, but now has access to emails with sensitive info. We immediatly called our bank to let them know, as well as took further action in securing our online accounts. We then called Apple and made a formal complaint. We are now in the waiting stage for Apple to contact us to further investigate the issue. We will keep you up to date.

Cliffnotes

* As I sign into my work email at an Apple store, the mouse began to control itself

* Confronted Apple employee, "Cesar" why the mouse was controlling itself, and he claimed the computer was downloading a software update.

* Saw Apple Empolyee "Jose Cabrero" controlling computer using a remote mouse app.

* "Jose Cabrero," Apple Employee would not let me sign out of email.

* When confronted, Apple Employee "Jose" denies controlling the computer.

* Apple Employee "Jose Cabrero" then claims that if a customer uses the internet, the computer automatically contacts the head of Apple as well as turning itself to demo mode (What!? BS)

* "Jose" claims to work at laundry mat (whille wearing the signature black t-shirt with white Apple logo)

* Watched Apple Employee, "Jose," hack into Linda's email

* Found out Apple Employee deleted 2 months of work emails.


Photo Cliffnotes
* Apple Employee "Jose Cabrero" on G-Mail, on the computer that I just used!

* A closer look at Apple Employee "Jose Cabrero"


* "I don't work here, I work at the laundry mat at the corner."-Jose Cabrero

* Clearly in my G-Mail!

* Bren loves the expression when "Jose" found out he was taking photos of what he was doing?





Comments

Popular Posts